Release Notes - Yoda v1.8
Released: July 2022
- Full theming support
- Support for Data Access Passwords
- Support for user settings
- Support for notifications
- Support for copy and move actions in the web portal
- Support for multi-select actions for files and folders in research space
- Support for davrods server on separate host
- Support for Data Package References
- Support for checksum reports
- Support for local Postfix MTA
- Improvements to default schema (
- Transformation from
- Improved search module and new search bar in header
- Improved search functionality in group manager
- Added Mailpit for easier mail testing during development
- DataCite connection uses REST API instead of legacy MDS
- Several UX improvements to default theme
- Upgrade iRODS to v4.2.11
- Upgrade python-irodsclient to v1.1.3
legacy_tlsflag (legacy TLS support, TLS 1.0 and 1.1)
- Collections with single apex “’” in the name do not work irods/irods#5727
- Deadlock in msiDataObjRepl & msiDataObjCopy when called from Python irods_rule_engine_plugin_python#54
Upgrading from previous release
Upgrade is supported by Ansible (2.9.x). Requires Yoda external user service to be on version 1.5.x or higher. Requires Yoda public server to be on version 1.6.x or higher.
Backup/copy custom configurations made to Yoda version 1.7. To view what files were changed from the defaults, run
After making sure the configurations are stored safely in another folder, reset the Yoda folder using
git stashor when you want to delete all changes made:
git reset --hard.
- Checkout branch
release-1.8of the Yoda Git repository.
git checkout release-1.8
- Set the Yoda version to
release-1.8in the configuration.
- Change the default schema from
default-2in the configuration. Discipline must be present in all vault packages before migration. I.e. discipline must be manually added if not present yet. This requires an intervention by the responsible datamanager beforehand.
- Two OpenID Connect configuration options have been added and one has been replaced. If OIDC is active (
oidc_active), make sure you have configured,
oidc_domainis replaced with
oidc_domains: ['domain1.tld', 'domain2.tld']
- DataCite connection is now using REST API instead of legacy MDS. If DataCite is configured, the option
datacite_servershould be replaced with
- Install all Ansible collections needed to deploy Yoda:
ansible-galaxy collection install -r requirements.yml
- Run the Ansible playbook in check mode.
ansible-playbook -i <path-to-your-environment> playbook.yml --check ### EXAMPLE ### ansible-playbook -i /environments/development/allinone playbook.yml --check
- If the playbook has finished successfully in check mode, run the Ansible playbook normally.
ansible-playbook -i <path-to-your-environment> playbook.yml ### EXAMPLE ### ansible-playbook -i /environments/development/allinone playbook.yml
- Update all metadata JSON in the vault to latest metadata JSON version (
irule -r irods_rule_engine_plugin-irods_rule_language-instance -F /etc/irods/yoda-ruleset/tools/check-metadata-for-schema-updates.r
- Update publication endpoints if there are published packages (DataCite, landingpages and OAI-PMH):
irule -r irods_rule_engine_plugin-irods_rule_language-instance -F /etc/irods/yoda-ruleset/tools/update-publications.r
- If the data request module is enabled, project managers, data managers and data committee members will only continue to receive emails regarding data requests if they have notifications enabled. The
imetacommand can be used to check whether a user has notifications enabled, and enable them if needed:
imeta ls -u email@example.com org_settings_mail_notifications imeta set -u firstname.lastname@example.org org_settings_mail_notifications IMMEDIATE
- If the data request module is enabled, manually update the data request module schemas after upgrading (replace ZONENAME with the zone name of the environment):