Release Notes - Yoda v1.9
- Support for DOI versioning
- Support for configuring metadata schemas per research group
- Support for configuring retention period per research group
- Support for basic controlled vocabularies in metadata schemas
- Support for Data Access Passwords expiration notifications
- Support for research group retention period notifications
- Support for multiple replication resources
- Support for configuring iRODS S3 resources
- Upgrade python-irodsclient to v1.1.6
- Upgrade to PostgreSQL 11 (or later)
- Support for database connection pooling with PgBouncer
- Collections with single apex “’” in the name do not work irods/irods#5727
- Deadlock in msiDataObjRepl & msiDataObjCopy when called from Python irods_rule_engine_plugin_python#54
Upgrading from previous release
Upgrade is supported by Ansible (2.11.x). Requires Yoda external user service to be on version 1.8.x or higher. Requires Yoda public server to be on version 1.8.x or higher.
Backup/copy custom configurations made to Yoda version 1.8. To view what files were changed from the defaults, run
After making sure the configurations are stored safely in another folder, reset the Yoda folder using
git stashor when you want to delete all changes made:
git reset --hard.
- Checkout branch
release-1.9of the Yoda Git repository.
git checkout release-1.9
- Set the Yoda version to
release-1.9in the configuration.
- Install all Ansible collections needed to deploy Yoda:
ansible-galaxy collection install -r requirements.yml
- Run the Ansible playbook in check mode.
ansible-playbook -i <path-to-your-environment> playbook.yml --check ### EXAMPLE ### ansible-playbook -i /environments/development/allinone playbook.yml --check
- If the playbook has finished successfully in check mode, run the Ansible playbook normally.
ansible-playbook -i <path-to-your-environment> playbook.yml ### EXAMPLE ### ansible-playbook -i /environments/development/allinone playbook.yml
- Update all metadata JSON in the vault to latest metadata JSON version (
irule -r irods_rule_engine_plugin-irods_rule_language-instance -F /etc/irods/yoda-ruleset/tools/check-metadata-for-schema-updates.r
- Update publication endpoints if there are published packages (DataCite, landingpages and OAI-PMH):
irule -r irods_rule_engine_plugin-irods_rule_language-instance -F /etc/irods/yoda-ruleset/tools/update-publications.r